Coming October 20th...
3rd Annual Warren County Hall of Fame; nominations sought.
Do you know a Warren County resident, a neighbor, a friend, a business associate, or someone who has worked in Warren County, who has done amazing things for the area? Someone who can represent Warren County's version of a national hall of fame?
The Warren County Hall of Fame is sponsored by the Warren County Community College Foundation, to create a forum for honoring Warren County's finest in an array of fields.
A gala dinner will be held on October 20, 2012 to celebrate the 2012 class. The Hall of Fame is set up at Warren County Community College.
Nominations are now being sought from the public.
Among the fields of eligibility are:
- Public Service: Community volunteers, elected officials, individuals at non-profit organizations, etc.
- Business: Leaders in the business community who have made a positive impact on the Warren County economy, or Warren County individuals who have made an impact on the regional, state or federal economy.
- Education: Teachers, administrators, staff, PTA and other community representatives who have made an impact on our students lives will be considered for induction. All levels of education are eligible, from special education to elementary to high school, and collegiate.
- Sports: Noted individuals, coaches, athletes, broadcasters, and sports administrators of any level.
- Arts & Entertainment: People involved in music, theater, dance, radio, television, fine art, etc., from amateur levels to professional endeavors.
- Military: All active or veteran military personnel who have served the country proudly and courageously will be considered for induction.
- Health and Medical: Individuals who exemplify outstanding performance in the health and medical industry; could include physicians, nurses, first aid responders, and other related fields.
All other fields not mentioned here, and accepted by the selection committee, will also be considered for induction to the Warren County Hall of Fame. The selection committee is made up of representatives from various backgrounds and geographical locations throughout Warren County and will select the award-winners. No more than five Hall of Famers will be selected annually.
You can email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the following information: Your name and contact information; the nominees name and contact information; and a short essay on why you feel this individual should be selected to the Warren County Hall of Fame. Paper nomination forms, which include space to write about your nominations, are available through the foundation website, wcccfoundation.org. For further information, call 908-835-2334.